Homemade Peri Peri Chicken Recipe
1 Large Family sized chicken (I think this one was about 3-4kgs (Two med size ones will do as well)
1 Cup of Peri Peri Sauce (See recipe)
1. Butterfly your chicken by cutting out it’s back bone. (Hopefully I’ll get around to describing this in a post on this but there’s plenty of youtube videos)
2. Spread it flat in a dish and make several 1cm deep cuts into the flesh across the meaty parts.
3. Slather it on both sides with the Peri Peri sauce. This is one of the few times I will say DO NOT use your hands to rub in the marinade, the potential for serious chilli injury is at defcon 5. Use a basting brush or glove up really well.
4. Barbeque it on a grill (ideally over coals) flipping it every once in a while till it’s cooked.
Serve with fresh salad, slices of lemon and of course beer or wine!
Homemade Peri Peri Chicken Recipe Recipe
By September 12, 2012Published:
- Yield: 1 Whole Chicken (4 Servings)
A fiery hot delicious marinated chicken cooked in the oven or ideally BBQ'd on a grill over hot coals.
- Rub Butterflied chicken with Peri Peri Marinade using a basting brush.
- Cuisine: Portuguese